Re: FC6 - openoffice and remote print failures with cups

On Fri, 2007-03-30 at 16:54 -0500, Gregory P. Ennis wrote:
> Everyone,
>
> I am having difficulty printing to remote printers using cups from
> within openoffice on FC6.  I have FC4 and FC5 systems on the same remote
> stations and they work fine.  Also other software on the FC6 machine
> like evolution works fine with remote printing. Printing locally (on the
> same subnet) on this FC6 machine also works fine.
>
> When trying to print remotely via openoffice on this FC6 machine the
> print menu displays all of the local as well as the remote printers.  If
> a local printer is picked the print tab button is active.  If a remote
> printer is picked the print tab button is inactive which prevents
> printing.
>
> abiword can be used to print the document locally or remotely on this
> FC6 machine.
>
> I have been waiting for this to be fixed, but have not entered a bug
> report.  Thought I would ask here first.
>
> Greg Ennis

We need a little more clarification. That is , the definition of locally
and remotely. Is there a printer attached directly to the FC6 machine?
Can other machines on the subnet print to it? Is remote printing to a
printer on a different subnet or to a printer not attached to the
machine on the same subnet?
To stay youthful, stay useful.