Re: Checking download stream speed

> Thanks, Chris, but I get different results depending on the site used:
>
> http://www.speedtest.net/
>
> or
>
> http://www.wugnet.com/myspeed/speedtest.asp
>
> Thus, I do not know about which one I should rely on.

Well, I just tried both those sites and they both pretty much agreed that my
speed was 1.9 MB. I am suppose to get 2M, but 1.9 is as about as close as
you'll get to that in reality. Also note that the test is statistical, it
samples your speed for a few seconds. Any other network activity will perturb
the results. Probably running the same test on from the same site a few times
will show you the kind of variation you should expect.

So, what speeds do you see ?

Chris