Re: question on FC6 installation

On Monday 26 March 2007, Charles Li wrote:
>I just dl and burned the fc6 cds.  I have set my bios
>to boot from cdrom.  After restarting the pc, it did
>not try to boot from the cdrom.  I start the old
>fedora and can see the cdrom with all the stuff for
>fc6.  What am I doing wrong?  Did the cd not burn
>right?  How can I check it?
>
>Thanks.

If you open the cd and see the file you burned, its wrong.  These .iso
images are the whole cd, filesystem and all, and if all you see is
the .iso file you burned, its the wrong style of burn.  Use it for a
somewhat leaky drink coaster, or maybe skeet practice.

Most burn programs have a write iso image function, and this is the one
you should use.

Its a common mistake.

--
Cheers, Gene