Re: installation via internet

Charles Li:

On Sat, 2007-03-24 at 23:31 +0100, Jens Wefer wrote:
> yes null problem, enter askmethod option at the boot prompt.
> read http://docs.fedoraproject.org/install-guide/fc6/en/sn-alt-install-method.html
> for more information.
> but is very slow, imho is installing old packets and after you can
> update, debian install via internet is quicker.

While debian might well have a better method (presuming you mean it gets
the latest updated packages, right from the start), I've found that
doing a network install was faster than fetching all of the ISOs.  Of
course you need a fast internet connection, and to use a fast mirror.

Rather than fetch the first ISO, though, fetch the rescue disc ISO.
It's much smaller, and you can start the install from it.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.