Re: installation via internet

On 3/24/07, Michael A Peters <mpeters@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sat, 2007-03-24 at 23:31 +0100, Jens Wefer wrote:
> yes null problem, enter askmethod option at the boot prompt.
> read
> http://docs.fedoraproject.org/install-guide/fc6/en/sn-alt-install-method.html for more information.
> but is very slow, imho is installing old packets and after you can
> update, debian install via internet is quicker.

I disagree. Since I have broadband I find it faster to do a minimal
install, reboot, and complete a full install over the net. Fewer
packages need to be installed twice that way.

I don't know when the last batch was done, but there are respins done
from time to time that have much fresher packages.

January 11, 2007.

Only advantage with the re-spin is that the i586/i686 installation bug
is fixed; otherwise, the packages are not much better (in terms of
updating) than the originals.

Don't know that a net install is possible with respins though.

Why not? The re-spins are structured the same as the regular FC
distributions. I have had no problem with doing a NFS install using
the Fedora Unity .iso off my server.