Re: Firefox-2.0.0.3 vs FC6? (Configuring Smartpm for Remi repo)

On Sat March 24 2007 4:58:44 pm Kam Leo wrote:
> You do not need to export a binary file. The following should
> work.
>
> # smart channel --show > mychannels.txt
>
> ### The above outputs all channels to mychannels.txt (text
> format).
>
> # smart channel --add < mychannels.txt
>
> ### The above imports import channels from mychannels.txt.
>
> Use `smart channel --show` to learn more.
>
> By the way, back in the FC3 days Dag used to include
> preconfigured channels in his packaging  I'm not certain Dries
> does that any more.

Well, to be precise, I'm just copying a binary file. But, wow! I
prefer your method a lot more, I've asked the question several
times about exporting the configured channels, I can't remember
whether or not here, but certainly on the smart list, and no one
ever bothered to respond - it sort of surprised me - it seems
like something many people would want to do. I'd read the faq
but I didn't read the help file thoroughly enough, obviously,
because I'd missed that.

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, Md, USA