Re: Trouble mounting NFS shares in %post script of a kickstart FC6 install

On Mar 23, 2007, at 5:41 PM, Charles Curley wrote:

On Fri, Mar 23, 2007 at 01:55:52PM -0400, Peter Schwenk wrote:

   Just in case anyone is wondering...

It turns out that somewhere along the way during a kickstart install for FC6, the portmap program is killed, so by the time the install gets to the %post script, NFS mounts can't happen. I found this out by looking at the F4 terminal messages that indicated that the mount operation was trying to
   contact the portmapper on localhost.

Thank you.

I think that's a bug. If you haven't already done so, would you please
bugzilla it? I do exactly as you do, and nfs mount a directory with
scripts, files and other goodies for %post processing.

Yep.  That seems like a bug anyway.  I'll bugzilla it.

Also, does shutting off portmapper affect an NFS mounted installation?
I recall doing several installations of FC6 and not having any
problems with it (but no %post processing on those).

NFS mounted installations work fine, but somehow portmap is gone by the time %post runs. That was throwing me off the trail.

--
- Peter Schwenk
- CITA-3, Systems Administrator