Re: Firefox-2.0.0.3 vs FC6?

Because I tripped over a bug in Firefox that caused another problem not germane here, I upgraded my FC6 box to the latest 3.0 beta (3.0apre) for a few days. Actually I ran both versions. I didn't follow any of the advice given so far. IIRC I untarred it in a new directory, changed the /usr/bin/firefox link to point to the executable, installed the plugins I wanted, and it found my bookmarks. I think I did something to accomodate the profile. Sorry I can't remember exactly, but I followed the beta-tester instructions that let you run multiple versions. Definitely backup your bookmarks, and all the .mozilla directory before you do this. Maybe even better to try it on a dummy user. Like me, you'll say? ;>) Seriously it wasn't bad at all, Mozilla is doing pretty well at keeping all their files in one or two places.

Hoping this is more helpful than confusing...

John