Re: [OT] Firefox easter egg???

On Fri, 2007-03-23 at 11:04 -0500, Peter Smith wrote:
> Deepak Shrestha wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > The small feature I found out in firefox today went unnoticed to me
> > for years. I found out by accident that typing the popular links
> > without www and com part (for example google) and pressing ctrl+enter
> > in firefox adds the missin www & com part in the url and brings to the
> > www.google.com. I was happy to find out this little but very useful
> > feature in firefox (thanks firefox guys. I found this very helpful
> > feature for the people who often make typo mistakes or new to computer
> > and  web). I tried it with common ".com" sites and works well but not
> > for other domains like ".net" or ".org". Is there a way to configure
> > firefox to look for other domains as well??? if Yes how? and is there
> > any other small featuers I might be missing like this one?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >

> Does anyone know of a key-combo to _clear the address bar of text_ ?
> Too often I find myself at the keyboard, tabbed up to the address bar
> and I'd like to clear the text there in one keystroke.  Not possible, as
> far as I can tell.
>
> Thanks,
> Peter

You don't even have to have the cursor at the address bar. ctrl-l (that
is L), followed by backspace will do that .
If all the Chinese simultaneously jumped into the Pacific off a 10 foot
platform erected 10 feet off their coast, it would cause a tidal wave
that would destroy everything in this country west of Nebraska.