Re: MPlayer

Michel Compercho wrote:
I'm almost ready to give up....after much googling and screwing around I cannot get a dvd to play on my system (FEDORA 6, .18 version of kernel....yummed down the latest mplayer and what I though was the right stuff)

When I run mplayer it tells me that it cannot open DVD://1? I really don't understand the error message... or much else about play video on computers. Please, if anyone can point me to step by step instructions i'd REALLY appreciate it!

machine is an HP DV2120 laptop....

Michael

Be sure you have the file libdvdcss from livna.org installed.
Xine is much better at playing DVD's.

Jim