Re: How to play an audio CD?

On Friday 23 March 2007, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On 23/03/07, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > There is the problem, then.  I can set the device, but it has a Directory
> > setting of /mnt/cdrom.  This doesn't exist, of course, and since audio
> > disks are not mounted, there is no /media entry either.  What do you have
> > in that field?
>
> In Audacious, Audio CDs are accessed via the device you enter. Menu >
> Playback > Play CD  or  Playlist > Add > Add CD

That didn't work before, but it does now, thanks to the earlier hint. :-)

I like amarok for some things, but for simply playing a CD I still prefer
xmms/audacious.

> The mount point can be used to for data cds which contain audio files.
> I think xmms used it to detect when the user wants to play an audio
> cd.

I'll try setting that to my mp3 directory, and see whether it can handle that.

> > It's a gnome app, of course, and I'm using kde.  It's just possible that
> > this isn't properly working with kde.  Pity, as aging eyes could use the
> > help :-)
>
> It uses GTK+ 2 aka GTK2, which doesn't turn it into a gnome app. ;)

I'm still stuck with the inability to double-size the display, though :-)  I
can only think that it would be a display-manager problem.  I'll live with
it, rather than lose it, though.

Anne