Re: How to play an audio CD?

On Friday 23 March 2007, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> On 23/03/07, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > I have the same problems with audacious as I do with xmms - it doesn't
> > recognise the existence of any audio cd, in either of my drives (I
> > haven't yet found where you can tell it which drive to use, although in
> > xmms I have, and it made no difference).
>
> Preferences > Plugins > CD Audio Plugin > Preferences > Device

Ah, yes.  I had failed to see the Preferences button for the plugins - not
unlike xmms, but the interface confused me :-)

There is the problem, then.  I can set the device, but it has a Directory
setting of /mnt/cdrom.  This doesn't exist, of course, and since audio disks
are not mounted, there is no /media entry either.  What do you have in that
field?

> > The additional problem is that I need double-size display.  Selecting
> > that gives me double-size, but the window doesn't resize, and nor does it
> > allow manual re-sizing, so I can only see one quarter of the display.
>
> Works fine here. Desktop environment is GNOME.

It's a gnome app, of course, and I'm using kde.  It's just possible that this
isn't properly working with kde.  Pity, as aging eyes could use the help :-)

Anne