Re: How to play an audio CD?

On Thursday 22 March 2007, Bob Goodwin wrote:
> Can someone please explain to me how to play an audio CD in FC-6.
>
> I insert the disc, an icon pops up on the desk top, I can select xmms, but
> after that I am lost?
>
> The real problem is trying to troubleshoot a Windows2000/FC6 computer
> that has a problem.
>
> But I should at least know how to make it play on this computer.

Check out the Options ('O' on the left) > Preferences.  There are Configure
buttons for many of the plugins, for instance.  In particular, check CD Audio
Player Configuration, and enable digital audio extraction.

There are a lot of options to plough through, but this may be enough to get
you started.

Anne