Re: Ubuntu 1, Fedora 0

Timothy Murphy wrote:
Les Mikesell wrote:

The Fedora CD#1 would not boot on this machine.
How did it fail?

It simply did not boot.
As far as I could see, the CD driver in the Fedora kernel
did not work with the Sony CD reader.
It was possible to compile a kernel that worked with the CD drive,
but I don't recall the details.
(I would have followed advice on the then flourishing
Linux Picturebook mailing list.)

Copying the boot image to a USB flash drive would be the way to go these
days.

I've had very little luck with this.

How about a PXE network boot?

My ThinkPads (T23 and T43) in particular do not seem to boot this way.

Hmmm, if you had used this version of ubuntu it would have been
ubuntu 0, fedora 0 on this box...

Bios update time?

--
  Les Mikesell