Re: Moderator attention NOT required: e-mail problem at lankheet.com

James Wilkinson wrote:
yogesh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote to the list.

Jeroen Lankheet replied:
yogesh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I know this is off topic, but don't use other peoples domain name.
If you don't want to end up in a spammers database, then there are other methods for that

Jeroen, the "lankheet.com" was nowhere to be found in Yogesh's original
e-mail. I suspect that it was added by a misconfiguration at your end.
How do e-mails travel through your mail system to your e-mail client?

You can see a version of the original post at
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2007-March/msg00904.html ,
but of course the "From:" address is obscured. Nevertheless, it's not
obscure enough to show that his sending e-mail address ends at .coop.

As a practical matter, it's not even possible to post to this list
unless the e-mail address you are using has been subscribed to it, and
it's not possible to subscribe an e-mail address unless you can receive
e-mails sent to it. Clearly, Yogesh can't receive e-mails sent to
anything in the lankheet.com domain.

Hope this helps,

James.
It seems that an apology is definitely on its place:

Dear Yogesh, I'm sorry for the trouble I created. I will be more careful with these matters in the future.

It seems very strange, however, that only Yogesh's and Wang.Liqin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx mail is appointed an extra lankheet.com at his email address.
The maillog did for some reason NOT keep the events logged !?!?
I saw this thing happening only once on Yogesh's address. My server is up and running for several months! So why not append it with all his emails?

Maybe I should open a new topic on this... or maybe on the sendmail list...

Regards,
Jeroen.