Re: DNS resolution problem

Les Mikesell wrote:

One dirty hack tip I have on that, if you decide you will be managing /etc/resolv.conf by hand and everything else can just butt out, edit

There is a checkbox somewhere in the network setup GUI where you select DHCP that determines whether or not you install the DNS servers offered by the DHCP response. I think I recall seeing some issues with it in some versions but that should be all it takes.

Sure, if dhcp client is the only thing wanting to mess with your resolv.conf. But for example I have one of these that I didn't create, and doesn't seem to be to do with dhcp:

/etc/sysconfig/networking/profiles/default/resolv.conf

immutable is going to ensure you manage resolv.conf manually no matter what (from a growing list, apparently) decides it knows better. If that's not what is desired don't use this selfproclaimed dirty hack.

-Andy