Re: Roadnav install ??

> I tried installing Roadnav on a PC under FC6, just to get a look at it;
> the launcher is on the Main Menu under Accessories.
>
> Now I'm in process of installing it -- or have finished and goofed -- on
> a G3 iBook under FC6.ppc. But there's no launcher. Not under Accessories,
> nor anywhere else I can find.
>
> The documentation does not seem to contain any instruction on launching.
> I tried simply commanding "roadnav &" -- as root, as user btth, and as
> user btth in the directory /home/btth/roadnav-0.16
>
> As root I get "-bash: roadnav: command not found" and a new prompt.
>
> As btth, I get "bash: roadnav: command not found" (without the hyphen
> before bash)  -- but instead of a renewed prompt, I get nothing, until I
> eventually hit ^C. Then get something like "[1]" or "[1]+" on a new line;
> then a number such as 14522 after [1] without the + (which looks like a
> process ID), or "Exit 127      roadnav" after the [1]+ -- and then a new
> prompt.
>
> Have I not finished installing it? (I got interrupted.) Or done it wrong?
> Or what?
>
> On the PC with the launcher, if I command "roadnav &" as user btth, I get
> a [1] without the + ; then roadnav launches, and I get my prompt back.
>
> The launch produces the same display both ways.

Assuming you have the "locate" command, and by virtue, the "updatedb"
command, try:

locate roadnav

Which should give you a list of files...one of which might be the full
path to the executable you're looking for.

Then, you can either add that path to your profile, or you can specify the
full path.

If it doesn't find it, try, as root:

updatedb

Followed again by:

locate roadnav

If roadnav is not found, after that, then you probably need to retry the
installation.

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org