Re: DNS resolution problem

Tim wrote:

'twas my experience that things like DHCP configured interfaces would
get the DHCP discovered DNS servers inserted above my DNS server
addresses, by default.  Of course you can configure things to not add in
DNS server addresses, but that's something that you have to organise,
yourself.

Well, he can just cat /etc/resolv.conf and see if that is the situation or not.

One dirty hack tip I have on that, if you decide you will be managing /etc/resolv.conf by hand and everything else can just butt out, edit it how you like and then

chattr +i /etc/resolv.conf

will make everything else bounce off when it tries to mess it up for you. use chattr -i ... to be able to edit it again.

-Andy