Re: Ubuntu 1, Fedora 0

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007, Arthur Pemberton wrote:

congress... sorry means nothing in my country ;)

I share that sentiment, but the ;) at the end of that statement does
the statement little justice.

I just think its funny when everyone else expects us to think its yankie way or no way.

I dont care if its unwelcome

It is human courtesy to excuse one's self if they are unwelcome.

Right, so I could reply to all the other trolls and fanbois saying that? you know the kind of responses that would bring don't you :) The only person around ehre who has any right to say i'm not welcome is Bill N, and he can simply unsubscribe me when he's ready to do that.

and there's one thing I know, theres too many rose
coloured glasses wearing fan bois around here

That in itself is not a bad thing, fan boys tend to be the one who do
the works also.

they also tend to be trolls as well, in fact more so trolls than do'ers

many who love to attack
those who dare have a difference of option to theirs or Fedoras/RHs.

I believe you are misconstruing "attacking people who slander" with
"attacking those who share different opinions". While I've found the
majority of this thread to be too disgusting to follow, I do not
believe I have noticed much of the later as of yet.

It means anyone who the fanbois disagree with, are just verballed in any way shape or form.

The Linux world needs a "Switzerland" as much as does the real world.
While you cannot begin to understand how I detest this American rule
domination, and that I detest that such a beautiful thing such as
Fedora must fall victim to it, it is what it is. And while I would
like to invite RedHat to transfer their headquarters to my country and
free Fedora to utilize existing technologies now, I do not see RedHat
accepting my offer.

Agreed

purely legal standpoint. Some just make sense - any distro can go with
what is easiest for users, but Fedora is taking a different road, and
doing what is best for technology - I think Windows, from an

Oh no dont involve that 'bleeding edge' again :)
cause it only happens when it suites them.

engineering standpoint, is proof that doing what is easiest for users
is not what is best for technology.

All other distros cant be wrong however as well
But thats the good thing about Linux, we have choices.

making that decision based on aspects of Fedora which are not
negatives, just differences.

exactly

That is all fine and good. I can only hope you are contributing back
in someway, you seem to be enjoying the free software.

I do, thast teh funny thing, nobody in here actually knows anything about me or what I do, much the same goes for everyone in here.

I am not a chest beater, I am silent acheiver, and are very happy that way.

I too have my hesitations about recommending Fedora to Linux virgins.
The fact of the matter is that the Linux virgin is not high on
Fedora's target objectives. One may argue that it should be, but that
would be a totally different argument.

That is in part this debate is about though.

And as a non-American, who shares your distaste of global Americanized
policies, I ask that you temper your self and not make us
non-Americans seem like pompous jackasses on this, a public, indexable
list.

We cant do any worse then they already do.
Again, what do people do when they dont like someone elses opinion and want them to go away, they can contact Bill Nottingham and ask him to review my posts and whatever take action he sees fit. I have no problems with that, since I spend little time on this list now days.

--
Cheers
Res

Let Novell known what you think of their back door deal with the devil.
Sign the petition today:   http://techp.org/p/1/