Speaking of xauth...

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007 11:44:30 +1100
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> No, xhost predates xauth. Xhost controls access to your display based on
> the IP of the client - very weak. Xauth requires the client to produce
> an authentication token. Using xhost effectively bypasses the token
> authentication; it is generally to be avoided if possible.

Speaking of xauth and paranoid X security, does anyone know how to get
a client to display in an Xnest server? The default security seems to be
so high, there there isn't even a way to run xhost to turn it off because
xhost isn't allowed to communicate with the Xnest server :-).

The only way I've ever gotten anything to work in recent versions of Xnest
is by using the -ac option to totally disable all security.