Re: xen kernel

Jeff Mutonho wrote:
On 3/20/07, Jim Cornette <fc-cornette@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Jeff Mutonho wrote:
> Does FC6 Anakonda install the xen kernel by default?The kernel running
> on my machine is
> kernel-xen-2.6.18-1.2798.fc6.i686

If you choose virtualization during the installation, the xen kernel
will be installed as default. Otherwise, the normal kernel should be
chosen. I do however have a system which chose the pae kernel version as
default.

Jim

Is the xen kernel slower?I want to uninstall and replace it with a
normal kernel , how would I go about it?

Jeff  Mutonho
Cape Town
South Africa

GoogleTalk : ejbengine
Skype        : ejbengine
Registered Linux user number 366042

I do think that the xen kernel would be slower since it would need to appropriate memory for your guest installations on your machine. I do not know if it has overhead without guest OSes or not though. Someone more familiar with xen might know the overhead aspects.

Regarding installing a normal kernel version, 'yum install kernel' should put the regular kernel onto your system. If you want the devel package also, you would also choose the kernel-devel package to install.

Jim

--
Q:	Why don't lawyers go to the beach?
A:	The cats keep trying to bury them.