Re: Bug in hal-cups with FC6

KH wrote:
> I installed FC6 and it works fine so far (whta I expected) with one
> exception.
> Cups and the hal-tool is unable to handle usb-devices proberly.
> I have Brother MFC-215C with works very well under FC4 but not under FC6.
> If I open the "Computer"-Icon on the Desktop then an usb device called
> "Brother MFC-215C" appears.
>
> Has anybody else ran into this problem and is there hint to fix it?
>
> Klaus

Is the icon for the printer function, or the scanner function? With
the MFC designation, I would expect it to be a multi-function
device. You will probably have to set the printer function up by
connecting to http://localhost:631 and adding it. After that, it
should work every time you plug it in.

If CUPS does not list your printer, you can probably get drivers for
it at the Brother's web site. The have a section with the Linux
drivers for most of their products. They also have scanner drivers
and even a driver for the FAX function. (I use a network connected
MFC-7820N.)

Mikkel