Re: bluetooth (gnome-obex-server) not working

On 20/03/07, Cam <camilo@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi

I hope I have the right list for this. I'd like to use bluetooth to
receive files on my FC6 box from a mobile handset.

I can send image files to a bluetooth printer from the handset, and that
works fine. I can send files from the FC6 box to the printer over
bluetooth (using gnome-obex-send), and that works fine. I can send files
to the handset from the FC6 box. Basic connectivity is working.

If I run a gnome-obex-server, I get an icon in the notification area,
and I can send from the handset, but no files arrive and it seems that
the connection is closed after a brief handshake. I see this on the term
I ran gnome-obex-server from:

conn_request:   bdaddr xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx
conn_complete:  status 0x00

This used to work before FC6, but now it doesn't. Any ideas how to debug
this?

Thanks in advance,

it works fine for in bidirection. make sure you set the operation mode of your gnome-bluetooth applet to
"visiable and connectable to other devices"
right click on the bluetooth icon -> preferences change it

-Cam

PS gnome-bluetooth-0.7.0-11.fc6
bluez-libs-3.7-1
bluez-gnome-0.6-1.fc6