Re: FC6 install via DVD

On 3/19/07, Mike Chambers <mike@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

So I need to find out, is if I put the DVD ISO on an nfs mounted
partition, and create a bootable install cd via boot.iso, can I do an
nfs install against the dvd iso, with*out* having to mount it any other
way than the dir already mounted as normal?

In other words, will the DVD ISO work as if I had the 5/6 CD ISOs in the
same dir doing the same type install?

(I believe that before the DVD ISO had to be loopback mounted or
something, and am trying to find out if that has changed or if it's
something else)

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

I have done sevaral NFS installs. I placed the iso file of each
version in a separate subdirectory. The installer just wants the full
path to the iso. So separate directories for each version/architecture
should not be a problem.