Re: suspend in fedora ?

On Monday 19 March 2007 11:17:28 Valent Turkovic wrote:
> Hi,
> is there any good wiki resource page or something similliar for
> suspend support in fedora ?
> I have IBM Thinkpad R52 at work and it doesn't resume from suspend;
> the screen stays off!
>
> At home I have HP Compaq nx7300 and SUSE 10.2, Fedora Core 6 and Linux
> Mint Bea installed on it.
>
> Regarding suspend on my home laptop in SUSE 10.2 there is a great wiki
> page - http://en.opensuse.org/S2ram
>
> Is there any similliar pages for fedora?
>
> Using this page and mailing on suspen2ram (s2ram) maillist I made my
> home laptop suspend and resume with no problem and I hope that in next
> revision of s2ram that my home laptop will be on the suspend whitelist
> so suspend/resume will work "out of the box".
>
> Resume failes on IBM R52 with all kernels I tested, from earliest till
> latest 2.6.20 kernel. I also tested 2.6.20-1.2925_1.fc6.cubbi_suspend2
> kernel, but the problem is the same.
>
> I close the laptop lid - it suspends. I open the lid, it resumes but
> with black screen! :(

Hi Valent, I wrote a small script in order to suspend my Thinkpad R50e.
It's not the same as your, that's obvious but you might be able to customize
it to your our requirements.
It uses /sys/power/state and stuff...
You want the whole script, just contact me :)
My 0,02

--
Manuel Arostegui Ramirez.

be used for urgent or sensitive issues.