FC6 & MADWIFI

Hi All.

I am running Fedora Core 6 from an Atholon 1000 cpu, with normal wired DSL Access (Realtek8139). I have an Asus M2N-TVM motherboard with a Atholon 3500 single core awaiting installation of Fedora Core 6. However, this box has a D-LINK DWL-G520 WLan Card, and therin lies the problem.

On a previous install, Fedora cannot pick up the wLan Card. I know from my eComStation install that the DWL-G520 uses the Atheros Chipset with the Identifier of 168c:0013. Googling "Atheros" will bring me to a site, that will give all the specs of my card.

My understanding is that Madwifi is like a sort of generic wrapper, where once it is installed (including, as I understand - linux kernel updates), it will allow the parent Fedora system to pick up the card (as one of many Atheros Cards)....I supply the ssid etc....and bingo, we have wireless! :-)

Problem with me is: I am very very raw in Linux. :-[ I think I've seen somewhere where it has happened, but cannot follow the path to acheive it. Is there anyone who has succeeded in Getting Wireless to go using this card, FC6 and Madwifi? I can go "walklan" between these two machines, as required. If there is anything I've missed, please let me know.

I look forward to  your help, and thank you in advance.

Regards

NICK
Kelmscott
Western Australia