FC6 display on TP60p flakes out just before login screen

Hi folks,

I've had FC6 running on a Thinkpad T60p for several months, just flawlessly. The best box I've ever had.

For reasons unknown, I decided to redo the box, putting XP on it and then adding FC6 as a dual boot. I've done this with other boxes so I know the drill.

Got XP going, then installed FC6, and everything seemed just peachy... until the end of the install, when it had to reboot to go to the last couple of steps (sound card, SELinux, etc.) Screen blanked out. The system was running; it's just the video that was gone. I had to reboot and edit the grub options to finish off the install.

Then... reboot and load up the system. Again, editing the grub config to delete rhgb and quiet. I see all of the messages display. Then it displays the "login <machine name>" and the screen blanks again. (I'm connected to a ViewSonic 19" flat panel.) Nothing I do displays the login screen.

If I boot the box without being connected to the flat panel, the login screen displays nice as nice can be. Somehow FC 6 is NOW not seeing the flat panel upon bootup. But it used to, never a hiccup.

what might I look at in order to tell FC6 that the flat panel is still really a nice guy to talk to? I can access the system just with the laptop case open, so I'm hopeful it's just a semicolon somewhere....

Thanks,

Whil Hentzen
Milwaukee