Re: I don't want a keyring password

Denis Leroy writes:

Sam Varshavchik wrote:
Gnome apparently refuses to create a keyring without a password.

This means that after I supply my login id and password, a few seconds later Gnome wants another password from me, to unlock the password for my wireless Lan.

Is there a way to get rid of this nuisance? ssh won't force a password on me. GnuPG won't. Gnome shouldn't, either.

Well you wouldn't want your personal passwords stored in plain text, where they'd be readable by other users.

What, mode 0600 does not work any more?