Roadnav install ??

I tried installing Roadnav on a PC under FC6, just to get a look at it;
the launcher is on the Main Menu under Accessories.

Now I'm in process of installing it -- or have finished and goofed -- on
a G3 iBook under FC6.ppc. But there's no launcher. Not under Accessories,
nor anywhere else I can find.

The documentation does not seem to contain any instruction on launching.
I tried simply commanding "roadnav &" -- as root, as user btth, and as
user btth in the directory /home/btth/roadnav-0.16

As root I get "-bash: roadnav: command not found" and a new prompt.

As btth, I get "bash: roadnav: command not found" (without the hyphen
before bash)  -- but instead of a renewed prompt, I get nothing, until I
eventually hit ^C. Then get something like "[1]" or "[1]+" on a new line;
then a number such as 14522 after [1] without the + (which looks like a
process ID), or "Exit 127      roadnav" after the [1]+ -- and then a new
prompt.

Have I not finished installing it? (I got interrupted.) Or done it wrong?
Or what?

On the PC with the launcher, if I command "roadnav &" as user btth, I get
a [1] without the + ; then roadnav launches, and I get my prompt back.

The launch produces the same display both ways.

I know little (precious little!) of what I'm talking about.