Re: morning update, using smart

Michael Schwendt writes:

On 18/03/07, Gene Heskett wrote:

root@coyote ~]# rpm -V fontconfig
SM5....T c /etc/fonts/fonts.conf
SM5....T   /etc/fonts/fonts.dtd
.M......   /usr/share/fonts

But whats that lowercase 'c' trying to tell me?

It is 'c' as in 'config file'.

Both fonts.conf and fonts.dtd are flagged by 5 -- MD5 checksum failure.

fonts.dtd should not have been modified, it's not a config file.

Furthermore, although fonts.conf is marked as a config file, my fonts.conf checks out clean -- no modifications, and I have installed a few optional font packages.

Looking at fontconfig package's scripts, it might be worthwhile to run fc-cache with the -f flag.