Re: Daylight Saving Time (DST)

From: "Les Mikesell" <lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx>

jdow wrote:
From: "Matthew Miller" <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx>

On Mon, Mar 12, 2007 at 06:21:22AM -0700, jdow wrote:
I am also thinking of checking out SUSE. But Centos may be more what I need
for a mostly untouched firewall and email support machine. I've been
thinking about it for some time now. I simply have been too busy with
an April deadline for a major project to even consider modifying the
support infrastructure I work with.

CentOS is a great choice if you like Fedora, because it's almost identical in many ways. With SuSE, you're in a whole new world -- not necessarily bad, but definitely different. (And, not so definitely whole-heartedly committed
to free software, either, for whatever that's worth to you.)

Actually a lot. I'd like by laptop's network card to work and I'd like
a decent video driver if I need one.

{^_-}

What? You'd rather have something work than have access to the broken source code so you can fix it yourself? What an odd concept.

I'll treat that as sarcasm directed at Linux.

I'm not a college student with infinite time to play with trivia like
video drivers. I left college <big long mumble> years ago and now have
better things to do with my time than repair video drivers because of
fuggheaded policies about "proprietary" and all that. I'd rather earn
the $<mumble> per hour I get for real work. I'm a mercenary with bills
to pay. So nonsense work is something for which I have no time.

{^_^}