Re: RAID drive failed, but SMART shows no errors?

Mogens Kjaer writes:

Hm? If you have used the GUI to create the RAID partitions during
installation GRUB should be on both drives.

No, I don't believe I used a GUI; I believe this was originally a text install. grub-install takes a parameter, according to its man page. It's not clear, but I think that passing it /dev/sdb will install it to the second drive. But, reading the man page's description of the --root-directory parameter muddled things a bit. Not sure I understand its purpose.

Can't you do a:

grub-install /dev/md0

if md0 is your /boot partition?

I don't think grub gets normally installed into a partition, but rather onto the disk device itself -- /dev/sda, not /dev/sda1, etc…