Re: Yet another FC install: kernel panic after boot from DVD

On 12/03/07, Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The truth is I don't really understand what you are claiming you did.
Are you saying when you trying to install FC6 from an install DVD you
get a kernel panic?

Yes.

When does this happen ? Before your get the initial
screen which allows you to install in graphics mode or text mode, etc?
Or is it after it starts the install?

Before it gets to the initial screen which allows one to install in
graphics or text mode.

But I've not given up on that system. The other machine (AMD box) was
overheating, and upon disassembaly I discovered that there was no
white grease between the processor and the heat sink! As I have no
white grease at home, I disassembled this box (P4) and salvaged it's
grease. So until I get my hands on some more grease, this box is
grounded.

Dotan Cohen

http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/638/warren_g.html
http://what-is-what.com/what_is/rss.html