Re: Yet another FC install: kernel panic after boot from DVD

On Sun, 2007-03-11 at 22:29 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On 11/03/07, Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Sun, 2007-03-11 at 16:46 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > > This is the third machine I'm installing FC6 on this month :) The
> > > first two went smoothly, but this one (P4 1.5 gHz, 256 MB RDRAM)
> is
> > > giving me kernel panic after booting from the install disk. I've
> > > snapped two pics of the screen here:
> > > http://dotancohen.com/kernelPanic1.jpg
> > > http://dotancohen.com/kernelPanic2.jpg
> > > Note: the pics are 1.8 MB each! I'm in no position to make them
> > > smaller at the moment- technical BS.
> > >
> > > The machine has got a CD ROM drive and I salvaged the DVD drive
> from
> > > another known-good machine. I have three disks here: SLAX CD,
> Kubuntu
> > > CD, and FC6 DVD. All three disks give kernel panic when booted
> from
> > > the DVD drive. From the CD drive, FC6 and Kubuntu panic, but SLAX
> > > lights right up and runs fine. Note that onle one drive is
> attached at
> > > a time: I've only got a one-headed IDE cable at the moment.
> > >
> > > Memtest86+ runs all night on the machine and turns up fine. The
> post
> > > test beeps like it should, no morse code. What could I check?
> > >
> > > Dotan Cohen
> > I assume there is no panic when you boot these disks on another
> machine.
> > Yes?
>
> Right. I should have mentioned that the FC6 DVD had installed on 2
> machines already and the Kubuntu on maybe 3 or 4. SLAX sees some use.

The truth is I don't really understand what you are claiming you did.
Are you saying when you trying to install FC6 from an install DVD you
get a kernel panic? When does this happen ? Before your get the initial
screen which allows you to install in graphics mode or text mode, etc?
Or is it after it starts the install?
--
Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>