Re: solution to evolution problem

On Thu, 2007-03-08 at 17:23 -0500, Robert Locke wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-03-08 at 16:09 -0600, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> > I have several times complained about a problem in evolution that date
> > sorting does not work well with threading in evolution. Once you delete
> > a entry in the thread the next entry jumps to its correct date position
> > which may be somewhat further down the list.
> >
> > In case, I am not the only one annoyed with this behavior I have a
> > solution. I can't take credit for it since it was mentioned awhile ago
> > by I think Tim but only this week I saw it really works. The problem
> > disappears if under View you uncheck: "Hide deleted messages".
> >
> > When you complete reading your mail you can restore the check or just
> > ignore the unhidden deleted messages which will appear crossed out on
> > the folder list of mail.
> > --
>
> Hey Aaron,
>
> Maybe I'm misunderstanding this one, but I read a lot of threaded
> folders based on some Filters....
>
> But, one thing I have learned to NOT do, is to set my sorting on the
> Date column.  I have no down or up arrow on the date column.  In fact, I
> have no down or up arrows in any column.  This way it is sorted by the
> order in which the emails were "received" or placed in those folders.
> Since they are placed in their by the Filters.  Also, without a
> "sorting" selection, it does not flip me all over the place when I
> delete an email that's part of a thread.....
I am confused by what you say above. There are no arrows on any of my
columns either but if you right click on the date heading in the display
you can tell evolution how to sort the mail. The sorting is done on the
date and time received. But I don't want that left strictly that way
since then threading does not work, So I am not clear on exactly what
you are doing. Of course the sorting is done individually on each
folder.

--
Aaron Konstam <akonstam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>