Re: Cannot open Firefox after closing her.

On Thu, 2007-03-08 at 10:22 -0800, Les wrote:
> On Thu, 2007-03-08 at 18:36 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > Recently, I've found that I'm unable to open Firefox after I close the
> > program. I close Firefox with the X button on the Title bar. When I
> > try to open it again, I am confronted with this:
> > Firefox is already running, but not responding. To open a new window,
> > you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your
> > system.
> >
> > I've looked in /.mozilla/firefox/profile but there is no lock file.
> > Also, typing jobs at the command line shows me no jobs- not even
> > things that I know are running such as Opera and Kmail.
> >
> > This problem is reproducable: I reboot, and I can open Firefox.
> > However, after close, it will not reopen. How can I kill Fx so that I
> > can restart it, without shutting down?
>
> Hi, Dotan,
> 	On my older system, it takes a few seconds for Firefox to clean up
> after closing.  If I close it and immediately reopen it I get that same
> message.  I can also get that message if I inadvertantly double click on
> the open icon.  It is just a response time issue for me.
Yup, and what do you have firefox configured to do while it is closing
down? Removing cache? Deleting cookies and erasing history? Saving
session? It might be just doing what it is expected to do. heck, I
dunno... I have none of that stuff enabled, I click on "quit" and she's
gone like a bad blind date. ric

http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/oar
http://www.wayward4now.net