Re: Cannot log in user on new FC6 install

On 08/03/07, David G. Miller <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If you scatter files elsewhere (e.g., /tmp, /var/spool/mail, ...) you
may want to fire off something like:

find / -uid=700 -exec chown UserName {} \; -print

and

find / -gid=700 -exec chgrp UserGroup {} \; -print

Just to find all the files you didn't know were out there that also need
to have their UID and GID fixed.  -R is great for blasting everything
but things like mail files are owned by the user but with mail as the
group and you only want to change the file that's owned by the specific
user.

Cheers,
Dave

-- Ambrose Bierce

Thanks for the tip, Dave. I only save the /home partition when
distro-hopping, and even then I erase all the hidden files (as those
are mostly config files). I only back up critical things like
~/.kde/share/apps/kmail and the like.

Dotan Cohen

http://lyricslist.com/lyrics/artist_albums/1/allman_brothers_band.html
http://what-is-what.com/what_is/email.html