Re: Hardware Error Solution

On 3/6/07, Adam Hough <adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
My guess would be that your motherboard has some bugs in its bios. This
is assuming that your cpu is fine and nothing is over heating.

I have a machine that worked fine for a few months then became so flakey
it would not stay up for more then a few minutes.  I think it is because
as the kernel progressed they added and fixed stuff that cause the bug
in my bios to appear more frequently.  A friend / co waeork had the same
thing happen to him when he did a kernel bump running gentoo. Lucky for
him ibm had finally released a bios update that seems to have fixed the
machines problem.

I guess you are right. I was suspecting that too. Tried to update the
bios too but the support from the manufacturere for that board was
abandoned long time ago. The latest bios I found was laste releaded on
2000 I guess. Guess still leads to hardware change option again. :-(