Re: Digikam 0.9.1

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> Although digikam 0.9.0 is available in extras, I'd like to install
> 0.9.1 as it includes two 'killer features' that are important to me. I
> have no problem installing from tarball, but before I do I'd like to
> know if I have any other options. I suppose that I could create an
> rpm, would that be worth the trouble for a single install? I wouldn't
> be able to maintain the rpm in a public repo so I'm not sure if the
> effort is worth it. What does the Fedora community think?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Dotan Cohen

With a minor version change, it is normally simply a matter of
changing the version in the spec file from the current source RPM,
and building one for the new version. By building your own RPM,
instead of installing from source, you avoid dependencies problems
when installing other packages, as well as making it easy to upgrade
the package in the future. It may also save you from
removing/upgrading a package that will break this program.

Mikkel