Re: problems with flash on FC6

On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 12:23:58AM -0800, oldman wrote:

> Akop Pogosian wrote:
> > I am trying to install Shockwave Flash 9.0 r31 on my Linux desktops. I
> > dropped the new libflashplayer.so and flashplayer.xpt files into
> > /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins. This worked fine only on CentOS 4 boxes.
> > However, on Fedora Core 6, despite using the 32-bit version of
> > Firefox, I don't see Flash Plugin when I visit about:plugins. Other
> > plugins, such as Acrobat Reader, register just fine. Please let me
> > know if I am doing anything wrong. Thanks.
> >

> > -akop
> >
> Default locations for Firefox are the plugins directory under
> /usr/lib/firefox.<latestinstallversion> OR the plugins Directory under
> $HOME/.mozilla (the difference is that (of course) the $HOME location is
> only for you the other one will work for you root your spouse, whoever)
>
> It will possibly be easiest to make a soft link to your
> libflashplayer.so via: (as root)
> ln -s /usr/lib/firefox.1.0.0.10/plugins/libflashplayer.so\
> /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so
>
> that should be all one line (without the '\')

I don't think this has to do with the location of plugins directory
that I use. /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins is also searched for plugins, and as
I already mentioned in my original message, other plugins that are in that
directory do work. Also everything works fine on CentOS 4 machines this way.
I think this problem is specific to flash plugin on Fedora Core 6.

--
A k o p  P o g o s i a n (akopps@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
Unix Consultant