Re: How to find total MB of a directory plus all subdirectories

On Tuesday 06 March 2007 22:03, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 06, 2007 at 10:01:38PM +0100, Nigel Henry wrote:
> > This is a silly question perhaps. I have my soundfiles in a directory
> > named Sounds Library, this contains many subdirectories, which contain
> > the .wav files.
> > What command can I use to find out the disk space this directory is
> > taking up, including all the files that are in the subdirectories?
>
> du -sh /your/directory
>

> --
> Matthew Miller           mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx          <http://mattdm.org/>
> Boston University Linux      ------>              <http://linux.bu.edu/>

Thanks for that Matthew. I've been puzzling about this problem for ages. Just
found that I've got 2.6G of music made on Linux in my Music directory. Wow.

Can't check the contents of the "Sounds Library" directory at the mo, because
it was on an NTFS partition, and have just moved it to a FAT32 partition, so
I could change the NTFS partition to FAT32 using webmin. That done I'm moving
the files back to the ex NTFS now FAT32 partition.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Nigel.