Re: {OT} dillo developers need help

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007 07:46:50 -0800, Globe Trotter wrote:

> i thought that this might be a place to draw attention to the fact that
> the developers at dillo seriously need help or the project will probably
> wither away. so money, or more importantly time would be very helpful...

> look up www.dillo.org for more information.

> btw, dillo is a fabulous fast browser, but needs to be able to keep up.

> ps: i have nothing to do with the dillo project, except as an user, but
> i am deeply interested in its success.

Second!

I'm also just a user. I set Dillo as my default browser; most of the urls
in my email are ones I need only glance at.

If I hit a site with something Dillo's not meant to do, or something I
want to c&p from the body of, I c&p the URL into another browser.

That way I'm quick and safe, and the browser I keep my bookmarks on is
never exposed to anything that might be malicious; no is the browser I
use with its defenses set to minimal.

This system saves me a *lot* of time and trouble, since Dillo is not only
very safe (by default, it does not even accept cookies), but far faster
than any of the other six browsers I run.

Btw, in addition to the website, you may want to look at the Dillo-list
on Gmane.