Re: Converter from eps to wmf format?

Paul Smith wrote:
On 3/6/07, Chris Mohler <cr33dog@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thanks, Chris. My idea is to use vectorial figures drawn by Inkscape
> in OpenOffice Presentation. The current conversion from Inkscape to
> OpenOffice Draw is not satisfactory, as the text is neglected, i.e.,
> not visible. I tried to circumvent the problem by converting to wmf
> and hence to OpenOffice Draw.

I tried this:

1. made a vector object and some text in inkscape (v0.45)
2. saved as EPS ('outline text' was checked')
3. Went to Insert>Picture>From File in OO Draw(v2.0.4)

That worked OK.  It seems odd that OO doesn't appear to handle SVG.

It works, Chris, but the picture looks not very nice, i.e., it looks
as it were a bitmap. That is the problem with inserting eps pictures
in OpenOffice.

Paul

It WILL be a bitmap.  OO.org does not have the ability to render EPS files.

OO.org can export SVG but not import SVG (yet).

While it is an entirely different direction, I use the 'beamer' package for LaTeX to do my presentations, whereby I can generate EPS image files and include them that way.

You can then create a PDF file and use one of the PDF viewers in full screen mode to display it.

More information on beamer is here:

  http://latex-beamer.sourceforge.net/

HTH,

Marc Schwartz