Re: Nvdia module

On Tue March 6 2007, Walter Garcia-Fontes wrote:
> I find that this is quite dangerous as if it fails you are left with a
> text console where you have to figure out how to build and reinstall
> the nvidia module. No problem with the text console, it's just that
> it's helpful to be able to access a browser to google around for some
> help if anything goes wrong.
>
> Is there any way to built and test the DKMS and resulting compiled
> nvdia module before letting it do its magic at bootup?

The danger you cite has never manifested for me. If the module fails to build,
generally, the system just boots using the Linux nv driver - I've never
experienced the event you describe.

Regarding your question, it seems like even should that be possible, you would
end up doing more work than just putting up with a couple of days delay till
the new Livna modules are released - but, your concerns/needs may be
different than mine

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA