Re: We need a new subject- bug fixes

Tim wrote:

> I've never had Linux accepting mail from the internet with its SMTP
> server, in all the years that I've used Linux.  And only those with
> their own domain name and/or fixed IP address could to that, either.

I just started trying this last week, more as "proof of concept"
than a serious matter.
I found changing sendmail.mc fairly simple.
In addition to commenting out the line that was mentioned,
I also commented in the LOCAL_DOMAIN line (with appropriate domain);
I'm not sure if that is actually necessary?

I've been warned that what I did was very dangerous,
so I'll probably close it down,
unless I find a simple way to stop it being an "open relay".

Incidentally, I also had to open a peephole in my ADSL modem,
and add a rule to shorewall to allow email in.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366