Re: FC6 httpd Alias/symbolic link

On Tue, March 6, 2007 07:59, linuxmaillists@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> My DocumentRoot is here:
>

> #
> # DocumentRoot: The directory out of which you will serve
> your # documents. By default, all requests are taken from this
> directory, but # symbolic links and aliases may be used to point to other
> locations. #
> DocumentRoot "/var/www/html"
>

> My Aliases look like this:
>

> #
> Alias /icons/ "/var/www/icons/"
> Alias /public_html "/home/user_name/public_html"
> #
>

> What is wrong with the second Alias line above?
>

> #
> # 05/23/05: This is now provided via a separate package
> called httpd-manual # which comes with an own manual alias
> Alias /manual "/var/www/manual"
>

> I want to be able to have one or two of my files
> in /var/www/html and the rest of them in /home/user_name/public_html
>
> Will this work with Alias or symbolic links?
>

> I have tried both and neither works for me.

Hi
If you want to use the user's public html path you have to set it up first.

This configuration could do the trick:

UserDir public_html

<Directory /home/*/public_html>
 AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
  Options MultiViews Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch IncludesNoExec
 <Limit GET POST OPTIONS PROPFIND>
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all
 </Limit>
<Limit PUT DELETE PATCH PROPPATCH MKCOL COPY MOVE LOCK UNLOCK>
Order deny,allow
Deny from all
</Limit>
</Directory>