Re: We need a new subject- bug fixes

Mikkel L. Ellertson:
>> What, every machine has to accept incoming mail connections for
>> E-mail to work? You need to come into the real world, where most
>> people get their e-mail from a POP or IMAP server.

Les Mikesell:
> How do you think it got there?

Not by the average user using any SMTP server on their own equipment,
that's for sure.  Most people receive theirs through their ISP, most
people would have no clue as to how to set up an SMTP server, even less
about doing so safely.

If most users had to set up an SMTP server, we know what would happen:
They'd be set to accept mail from all domains, and relay to all, as it'd
be too hard to work out how to do it otherwise.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.