FC6 httpd Alias/symbolic link

My DocumentRoot is here:

#
# DocumentRoot: The directory out of which you will serve
your
# documents. By default, all requests are taken from this
directory, but
# symbolic links and aliases may be used to point to other
locations.
#
DocumentRoot "/var/www/html"

My Aliases look like this:

#
Alias /icons/ "/var/www/icons/"
Alias /public_html "/home/user_name/public_html"
#

What is wrong with the second Alias line above?

#
# 05/23/05: This is now provided via a separate package
called httpd-manual
# which comes with an own manual alias
Alias /manual "/var/www/manual"

I want to be able to have one or two of my files
in /var/www/html and the rest of them
in /home/user_name/public_html

Will this work with Alias or symbolic links?

I have tried both and neither works for me.