problems with flash on FC6

I am trying to install Shockwave Flash 9.0 r31 on my Linux desktops. I
dropped the new libflashplayer.so and flashplayer.xpt files into
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins. This worked fine only on CentOS 4 boxes.
However, on Fedora Core 6, despite using the 32-bit version of
Firefox, I don't see Flash Plugin when I visit about:plugins. Other
plugins, such as Acrobat Reader, register just fine. Please let me
know if I am doing anything wrong. Thanks.

-akop