Re: Digital display with NVidia card?

Matthew Saltzman wrote:

Both are attached.

OK, will take a look at them in a bit. It is AM here and just getting started. Although Lonni is on it. :-)

nvidia-xconfig in run level 3 and use the xorg.conf it generated?

I believe that you are able to get the login prompt at level 3, right?

No, I see no display of virtual consoles.  I did run system-config-display
and nvidia-settings .  I can try nvidia-xconfig and nvidia-config-display
from runlevel 5 later.

Sorry, just want to reconfirm a couple of things.

1. When your system is first powered on, the monitor comes out of standby mode and you do see the system's BIOS screens and if you wanted to you could go into the BIOS settings displays. Yes?

2. If #1 is yes, can you see the grub menu? If yes, what happens when you use "a" to change the kernel start line to remove rhgb and add "3" to boot to run level 3. Do you still end up with a blank screen?

3. Aside from 1 and 2. When you boot and have the blank screen...can you use the "menu" buttons on your display and have the "on screen menu" show the "Display Mode"?. If I recall correctly, part of the symptoms of my problem was that the monitor's display mode showed "Analog" instead of "Digital". So, even if only the digital cable was plugged in the monitor kept thinking the "Analog" was alive and would not switch mode...giving a blank screen.